Little {Heart} Marshmallows

posted on: Saturday, January 22, 2011

Okay folks I am going to say it, "Hunk I love ya!" He was so amazing yesterday. I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday. I was blessed to get not only one, but two cakes, Chuck Norris made a surprise visit to my *surprise* birthday party, and no event in the Bishop home would be complete without a little Rockband.

So now onto my dilemma. I have been brainstorming for a week or so on how to decorate my mantle for Valentine's Day. The problem that I have run into though is--filling my apothecary jars.

Halloween was easy, I bought lots and LOTS of candy corn.

Christmas was a ball, literally, I filled all my jars with round ornaments.

Valentines hasn't been so easy, and shouldn't it be? After all it is the holiday of {love} and candy, right? The problem-- I don't want to spend a lot of money on candy to fill the jars.

So I found a solution, in the fluffiest form.

 Aren't these heart shaped marshmallows so precious? I thought so too. Not only are they small enough to fit in my jars, but they are also big enough that I only needed one bag!
 And look! Not only are they great to look at, but they take amazing photos too....I am talking about the marshmallow (just to clarify) ;)
 Punk thought they were pretty fun to chew, play with, lick, and then stick to my furniture.  My bedding didn't fare too well,  from his lil' sticky fingers.
And look at my apothecary jars. Sweet, huh? {Don't worry--I will show you the final product on Tuesday}

So what are your simple solutions for your Valentine's Day decorations?

And, don't forget! I will be picking TWO winners tonight for the ABE giveaway. If you haven't heard about it yet hop on over here!

2 comments:

  1. Love the marshmellows and your baby is too precious! I can't wait to see your display. I'm working on mine too. My tip is to stick something bulky inside the jar and then fill around it with candy! It takes less candy and then you can't see the object inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute! The marshmallows and your baby. :)
    Ps I tagged you in a post, come check it out and play too! http://jjreynoldsfamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/15-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger