40/40

posted on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My due date has now come and gone and this little lady is still holding out on us. I'm sensing she may be a diva who will live up to the mantra of being fashionably late...

Week 39 of my pregnancy came and went with a vengance. Packing and the logistics of moving have been taking over my brain and all my energy. Who knew I would have to do a change of address for nearly thirty different accounts?

A more minimalistic life may be in our future.
;)

My contractions are now becoming more frequent and neither sitting or standing is comfortable--a real  connumdrum I now face.

Hunk has been amazing through it all. He comes home at night and packs the truck, goes to work, unpacks the trunk and then we start the whole process over again. It become very ritualistic to us now.

Emotions, however, have been riding high. Our hospital cannot perform inductions on VBAC's so if the baby doesn't come in the next two days on her own I am scheduled for a C-Section on Friday--a decision I have been adamantly against, but we are really left with no other options.

The thought of not actually being able to give birth to a child was something I always took for granted until now. I try not to think about it too much because the thought of missing out on one of the most personal and intimate moments of motherhood is too much to ruminate over right now.

Let's just hope I can whip out some extra jump jacks in the next two days and that she'll decide to finally grace us all on her own.

Here's to wishful thinking, eh?
;)
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I love when babies are born. My first child was 6 weeks early, and my second stayed in forever. She is till driving me nuts 6 year later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! Keep us posted. I bet you are SO READY:) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to hoping she comes soon!!! (But not right now since our husbands are currently fishing out of cell range!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the SAME situation you are in now this past July...wanting to have a VBAC to deliver my second child...waiting two+ days past my due date, scheduled for a C-section at 5 days past due...and what do you know but when I went to lie down to go to sleep on that second night after my due date, I felt some weird pains. My body finally got the message and had gone into labor! I had a great VBAC experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little girl isn't here yet? Oh my gosh- I need to have a talk with her...we all.. and your MOM and Dad want to Meet you little miss!!! Thinking of you all!! Hope she arrives soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you Halsey. Remember good things come to those who wait!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger